Friday, March 15, 2013

Five for Friday

 fiveforfriday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for another Five for Friday! Here are five random posts to show you a little peek from my week...

1. I'm blogging on my new I Mac!! I'm super excited, but it's taking me a little bit longer to post as I'm trying to get the hang of things. Ha! This is our first purchase for my new craft room! It's still got a long ways to go, but at least our major purchase is out of the way! Next on my wish list... a Silhouette!

2. My kiddos completed this fun craftivity this morning from my March "I Can" Craftivities unit. Theirs turned out so adorable, but I forgot to take pictures. Boo. :( So here is my example...


This unit includes three March themed craftivities for students to show their learning in a creative way! Each craftivity includes a foursquare style recording sheet, a template to make the craft, and lined writing paper for students to extend their thinking. Head on over to my TPT store to check it out! 



3. I totally have Spring cleaning fever!! Does any else feel that way too? Well... to kick off my Spring cleaning, I decided to rearrange my room... on a Friday... I was at school until 6... prolly not the best idea... Ha! I got rid of my teacher desk because who actually has time to sit behind a desk! Plus, it was taking up entirely way too much room. With that gone I was able to put my small group table by the window. Now I can look out at the beautiful day during guided reading. Happy, Happy, Happy! Everything is rearranged, but my room is.a.mess! Oh well, there's always Monday!

4. This week we worked on possessive nouns. I taught my kids to think of the possessive noun as roping in the object that it owns. So of course we pretended that we had a lasso and rounded up our nouns! Again, I forgot to take a picture, but my sweet, and incredibly talented, teamie came up with a rounding up possessive nouns writing activity. We took pictures of our kids in cowboy/cowgirl gear and had them make their best wild west pose. Too cute! Then they wrote a couple of sentences in third person to show they were taking possession over something. 

5. Have you visited All Things Katie Marie yet? If not, you totally should! I found her cute little blog while pinteresting one night and oh.my.word. adorable. A fashion blog for teachers! I know... stop.the.world.!

Have a great weekend friends! I'm going to enjoy the gorgeous weather here in Georgia and do a little shopping at IKEA this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Spring cleaning is always great. My room really needs it, but like you said, "there's always Monday" :)

    ReplyDelete