Friday, January 17, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky. I don't know if I like this linky so much because it's fun, or because I'm always happy when Friday rolls around. I think it's a little of both! 

1. This week we wrapped up our Gingerbread unit. I know, I know, I'm a tiny bit late doing this, but I just couldn't fit it in before Christmas and it's just too much fun not to do it. Plus, it fits in really well with our fairytale study. I had my kiddos retell the story beginning, middle, and end style. They did so well with this! It made my teacher heart happy! We also put together these cute gingerbread girls and boys from The Bubbly Blonde. Go grab you a copy and tuck it away for next year, or use it now if you wanna be a rebel like me. Ha!




2. We also wrapped up our Jackie Robinson study. Jackie Robinson is one of our state's second grade social studies standards. In case you didn't know, Jackie Robinson was born in the great state of Georgia. We used Just Wild About Teaching's Baseball Stars unit to write about Jackie Robinson. I gave them three white circles with lines. They used the sentence starters "Jackie Robinson had…", "Jackie Robinson was…", and "Jackie Robinson wanted…" and wrote one sentence on each circle. 






"Jackie Robinson was a baseball player."


"Jackie Robinson had patience." 


"Jackie Robinson wanted to help all people come together."

3. Teach Dream Inspire is now on Twitter! Come follow along @teachdreamin! 


4. This isn't new, but I'm also on Instagram. You can find me @TeachDreamInspire.


5. I continue to be amazed by how awesome my team is! I seriously don't know what I'd do without them {especially after a full moon kind of week like this week}. Ya feel me?



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog design Randi! Way to go joining Twitter...I haven't ventured there yet ;)
    Elyse :)
    Proud to be Primary

    ReplyDelete