Friday, January 10, 2014

Five for Friday

It's Friday and that means it's time to link up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky! 

1. Why do short weeks seem just as long as regular weeks? Boy am I tired and it was only a three day week with kids! Monday and Tuesday were teacher workdays. Monday was planned, but Tuesday was due to extremely cold weather. In Georgia we just don't do well with cold. This southern girl is a complete wimp when the temps drop below 60. Ha! I did enjoy two days of nothing but planning and getting report cards done. Wouldn't it be nice to have at least one teacher workday a week? Ahhh… I can dream can't I?


2. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know that we took a little trip to London and Paris over the break. We had an amazing time and can't wait to start planning our next European vacation! 


3. This precious girl is a new addition to our little family. It's been awhile since my other two fur babies were puppies and I totally forgot how exhausting it was to have a little one. She's cute though, so that makes up for it!



4. I may have cried a little Monday night after my Noles won! My team finally pulled through for me! 



5. We jumped right back into the swing of things Wednesday with fairy tales. We are working on comparing and contrasting different versions of the same fairy tale. I love having access to a poster maker at school! It makes it super easy for me to make anchor charts! We talked about story elements as a class and the kiddos wrote on their graphic organizer while I wrote on this one…


We read The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Cowboy, and The Gingerbread Girl. As we read, we talked about how each of these stories were the same and how they were different. 

You can download a copy of this graphic organizer here.

{KG Fonts, Ink n Little Things, Pink Cat Studio}

Enjoy your weekend friends and link up with Doodle Bugs!!

2 comments:

  1. We had a short week too and it felt just as long!! Your puppy is adorable!!

    Your newest follower,
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I have never been out of the country, but I am dying to go somewhere abroad some day.

    ReplyDelete