Saturday, September 5, 2015

Back to School Series: Back to School Dinner


Each month we get together with some close friends of ours for a monthly dinner party. It just so happens that there are three teachers in our dinner party group. When it's our turn to host, I love to center my dinner party around a theme. Last year we celebrated back to school with an Italian night. This year I thought why not celebrate back to school with a back to school theme dinner! 



I tried to find as many things as I could around the house to use as my decorations {old books, school supplies, mason jars, etc...}.


I made the flashcard garland using ribbon from Michaels and flashcards from The Dollar Tree.


The sunflowers came from Hobby Lobby.




I found this subway art here.



I bought these letters from Hobby Lobby and glued scrapbook paper to them using Mod Podge.
  

The placemats are sheets of scrapbook paper that I laminated and taped together.


Our food was even centered around a back to school theme, with apples being the main focus. We served applewood rub pork tenderloin, apple pie, and this delicious spinach salad with bits of apples and poppyseed dressing.


You can find the recipe for the poppyseed dressing here.

Follow me on Pinterest for more Back to School party ideas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment