Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Plants, Butterflies, and Frogs Oh My! and a Freebie

So we are all kinds of deep into our life cycle unit!! I looked around my classroom today and I thought I just had to share...

I have beans growing...



caterpillars....



and frogs... This little bit came today... in the mail ... crazy!


If you can only image how excited my sweeties are with all the live animals in our classroom right now and not to mention there are less than 20 days left until summer! 

We are also working on arrays in math. We spent the first half of the week practicing our repeated addition number sentences to match an array and today I had the kiddos create their own array.



I got the idea for this chart from Reagan over at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits. Her ideas are always super cute!! I just tweaked her chart a little to match what we're learning.

Here is my example of what I had my kiddos do today...


First, they created their own repeated addition number sentences. Then, they drew their arrays to match.  I saw these napkins at Dollar Tree and knew I had to incorporate them into math somehow. 


If you would like a copy of the Picnic Arrays recording sheet you can find that here.


Have a fabulous rest of the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment