Monday, August 24, 2015

Back to School Series: Organizing Materials


Today I want to share how I manage and organize curriculum resources and monthly materials. 

To begin with, I keep master copies of curriculum resources in a 2-inch binder. 


I typed each standard, printed it out, and placed it in a sheet protector. 


Behind each standard, are my master copies.




I also keep any laminated pieces that I use for instruction {vocabulary cards, write the room activities, examples of crafts, posters, etc...} in sheet protectors behind each standard.


I love having my standards typed not only for organizing curriculum resources, but I can also just pull out each standard from the sheet protector and hang it on my objectives board when I'm ready to teach that standard.


My monthly resources are organized into Bankers Boxes that I found at Walmart. They come two to a pack. I group August/September, October/November, December/January, February/March, and April/May resources together in the same box. 

These boxes may not be the cutest, but they are sturdy and compact enough for me to store when I don't need them.


In each box I keep my monthly binders.


Behind each subject area divider, I keep master copies of themed resources for the month. I also keep any small pieces {task cards, sorts, etc.} and examples of crafts in sheet protectors behind the subject divider. 


You can find these monthly dividers in my TPT store.



Monthly themed centers and books that I use during that month are stored in my Bankers Boxes as well.

This is just a little glimpse into what I have found that works for me. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment