Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dollar Tree Finds

I'm always amazed at all the stuff you can find in The Dollar Tree! I spent almost an hour... not kidding... browsing through each aisle. Here's what I came across...

Valentine's Day candy and a little red container to put it in


silver platters and a scrubber...
I was inspired by Reagan over at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits and how she uses props to engage her students... so clever!


class take home pet and journal


Seriously y'all... Dollar Tree has some cute books for a classroom library!


I plan on using these to house math manipulatives. I got five of them so each table can have their own bucket of manipulatives handy.


Blurt Alert! I got this cute idea from here.


estimation station materials


Dollar Tree trip = success! 

What have you found at your local Dollar Tree lately? 

I also finished up my new how to writing packet! I think it is so much fun to teach how to writing. I begin my informational/expository writing unit with how to writing and I love how my kids are actually able to make connections to their writing when they write a how to piece. I always start this kind of writing by having my kids do what it is I'm asking them to write about before they start writing. Last nine weeks we did the how to make a s'more and how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from my packet. They loved actually making these things before they started to write! I got several thank yous after these lessons! They had so much fun and the most important part was that they were learning and making authentic connections to their learning. 

Please head over to my little shop to check out my new packet!




0 comments:

Post a Comment