Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy, Happy New Year!

Hi sweet friends! I am back and ready to hit the ground running in 2013!! I go back to school Monday... Yikes! Thank goodness Monday is a teacher workday and this teacher has A LOT of work to do! 

I thought I would share a couple professional New Year's Resolutions with y'all...

- BLOG more! Y'all I've been seriously slacking and have neglected this poor little blog! I am going to try really, really hard to keep on top of blogging! Thanks to Dream Like Magic I have this awesome new blog design and I'm loving it!! I love all the bright colors, plaid, polka dots, and bunting!! To help me with my blogging resolution I am also going to try and join more linky parties. Man, I LOVE reading through them and I wanna join in the fun too!

- Don't sweat the small stuff (also a personal resolution)! I let myself get too stressed out. Sound familiar? I know most teachers feel the same way, but dang life is just way.too.short. to sweat the small stuff! My type A personality tends to get the best of me sometimes all the time.

- Keep on track to graduate with my Master's Degree this coming summer. Yep, I gotta keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end and to keep with it! 

- Read more...for fun... reading really helps me to de-stress and I need to give myself more "me time". I think this will help me professionally too! Happy teacher = happy classroom!

I also created a new unit over the break! 


This unit is made specifically for second grade, but could be used for remediation in third or extension in first. I have included 6 winter themed math centers. Each center is directly aligned to Common Core standards! Please stop by my little TPT shop to check it out! 

Here's a little peek...



If you're still on break... enjoy the rest of your time off! If your back at school TGIF!

0 comments:

Post a Comment